Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Atypical Migraine Diagnosis and Treatment

Atypical migraine is the type of migraine that has the distinction of causing confusion. It is used as a general term for the types of migraine that exhibit symptoms that do not fit into the profile of a normal migraine. In common migraine cases, a headache is present and the symptoms that go with it are not that difficult to identify. However, in atypical migraine, some unusual symptoms might be present and headaches might not even occur.

An atypical migraine is sometimes referred to as common migraine or migraine without aura. Attacks occur without the appearance of the visual disturbances that accompany other migraine types. The symptoms also do not adhere to the usual pattern indicated by a typical migraine attack. A headache may or may not occur and it is possible for the sufferer to experience pain in other areas of the body other than the head. This feature alone of atypical migraine makes it very tricky to diagnose and it is also because of this characteristic that misdiagnosis will be highly probable. Although its cause is not clearly established, it is believed that spasms in brain arteries result in an attack, triggered by insufficient sleep, bright lights, weather changes and motion sickness. It is believed to be a genetic disorder; hence, when one member of the family has it, it is highly likely that others will have it too. The symptoms that appear during an attack include facial pain and abdominal pain, nausea and vomiting, photosensitivity, weakness on one side of the body and skin pallor. Headaches, when they do occur, are experienced on both sides of the head instead of the single-sided headaches most migraineurs experience.

Because symptoms for atypical migraine are difficult to categorize, diagnosis will likewise be as tricky. For this reason, physicians will have to order different physical tests to rule out other suspected medical conditions. A very useful piece of information for diagnosis is the medical history of the patient, together with the medical histories of the other members of the family. A thorough analysis of these records will reveal a pattern that will help the doctor in his assessment.

During an attack, ibuprofen and aspirin are used for treatment, if it is mild or moderate in intensity. Other medications include drugs classified as alpha-adrenergic blocking agents, which target the blood vessels in the brain. Depending on the symptoms that arise, medication for abdominal pain may also be prescribed. Similar to the more common migraines, deep breathing while lying down in a dark and quiet room during an attack will help bring relief. Preventive, non-medicinal treatments include yoga, avoiding triggers, exercising and getting adequate sleep.

Due to the nature of the disease, an atypical migraine sufferer might spend more time and effort in finding the treatment that works for him. Achieving this means that the patient must take a very active role in the partnership between himself and his physician. While the physician can be relied upon to recommend the best treatment, the patient can also be trusted to provide honest information about his atypical migraine.

Are you a migraineur seeking relief from your migraines symptoms? Then you will find the information found in http://www.fightmigraineheadaches.com very helpful.

1 comment:

  1. I am bold enough among many others to state that there is now a potent cure to this sickness but many are unaware of it. I discovered that I was infected with the virus 3 months ago, after a medical check-up. My doctor told me and I was shocked, confused and felt like my world had crumbled. I was dying slowly due to the announcement of my medical practitioner but he assured me that I could leave a normal life if I took my medications (as there was no medically known cure to Herpes). I went from churches to churches but soon found that my case needed urgent attention as I was growing lean due to fear of dying anytime soon. In a bid to look for a lasting solution to my predicament, I sought for solutions from the herbal world. I went online and searched for every powerful trado-medical practitioner that I could severe, cos I heard that the African Herbs had a cure for Herpes syndrome. It was after a little time searching the web that I came across one Dr Itua herbal treatment (A powerful African Herbal Doctor), who offered to help me at a monetary fee. I had to comply as this was my final bus-stop to receiving a perfect healing. My last resolve was to take my life by myself, should this plan fail. At last it worked out well. He gave me some steps to follow and I meticulously carried out all his instructions. Last month, to be precise, I went back to the hospital to conduct another test and to my amazement, the results showed that negative,Dr Itua Can As Well Cure The Following Desease…Cancer,Hiv,Herpes,Shingles, Hepatitis B,Liver Inflammatory,Diabetes,Fibroid,Parkinson's,Alzheimer’s disease,You can free yourself of this Herpes virus by consulting this great African Herbal Doctor via this email: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  He will help you and his herb medication is sure. he has the cure on all disease .You can talk to me on INSTAGRAM..tashamoore219.

    ReplyDelete